FAQ Q136: How to set up a planyo site for many resources of the same kind?
There are three possibilities to setup resources with multiple units:
- Separate resources - you should create separate resources if there are differences between the different units. An example would be different yachts or different holiday houses
- Single resource (quantity greater than one) with unit names - alternatively you can create a single resource and set its quantity to more than one. You can click on the unit names button next to the quantity dropdown in order to define the unit names. You can then define the settings which will determine how individual units will be assigned to reservations. This can be:
* assigned by the administrators
* assigned automatically based on: random selection, previous assignment used (if possible), or first available unit (sorted alphabetically)
* assigned manually by the customer.
Choosing a single resource with unit names is a great choice when you have similar resources (e.g. different double hotel rooms or bungalows) but you still want to keep track of the room numbers or even let the customer decide which room/bungalow they want to choose. See Q248 if you want the units to be selected from a visual layout. You can also change the calendar previews to show the units separately.
- Single resource (quantity greater than one) with no unit names - here the customer simply reserves a given quantity of resources. This should be used when resources are very similar, e.g. bikes for rental or kayaks etc. If one resource can be only used by a single person, you should additionally select the resource sharing to always possible.